Back to Article Listing
Land Rover Discovery 1
The Discovery 1 was produced in the UK by Land Rover from 1989 up until November 1998. Initially being only available as a 3-door , the five door version became available in 1990. Both had a 5-seat configuration with the ability to sit to further passenger in fold down seats at the rear of the vehicle. Early trim colours were limited to Bahama Beige and Sonar Blue.
Discovery 1 transmission included the manual LT77 gearbox and R380 gearbox while the automatic version was a ZF 4 speed automatic transmission.
Land Rover Discovery 1 Engines
Several engines were available during the life of the Discovery 1:
- 2.5L 200Tdi - September 89-March 94
- 2.5L 300Tdi - March 94-November 98
- 2L Petrol - June 93-November 98
- 3.5L V8 Petrol Carburetor - September 89-September 90
- 3.5L V8 Petrol efi - October 90-September 93
- 3.9L V8 Petrol efi- September 93-November 98
Take a look at our range of quality Land Rover Discovery 1 parts here.